The recently signed executive order, “Memorandum to Extend Federal Support to Governors’ Use of the National Guard to Respond to COVID-19 and to Increase Reimbursement and Other Assistance Provided to States,” includes provisions for PPE funding available from FEMA.
In Section 3 of the memorandum, “Assistance for Category B Emergency Protective Measures,” it states that FEMA shall provide the assistance that may be required by States, local governments, and Tribal governments to “provide for the safe opening and operation of eligible schools, child-care facilities, healthcare facilities, non-congregate shelters, domestic violence shelters, transit systems, and other eligible applicants.”
It goes on to announce, “This assistance may include funding for the provision of personal protective equipment and disinfecting services and supplies.”
According to this executive order, state and local governments are eligible to receive 100% reimbursement for costs associated with PPE and other supplies for COVID-19, under FEMA’s Public Assistance Program. Prior to this order taking effect, states were required to cover 25% of COVID-19 related costs eligible for reimbursement.
This funding for PPE is available now until September 30, 2021.
Read more about the executive order here.
From the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, MSA has been and continues to be prepared to provide the right PPE to help keep frontline workers safe, including first responders.
MSA products appropriate for this funding include:
- G1 Facepiece with APR Adapter
- The G1 facepiece is ideal for a variety of respiratory needs – including emergency and pandemic response. With both twin and single cartridge adapter options, the G1 facepiece transforms from SCBA use to an air purifying respirator which is compatible with a variety of respiratory cartridges, including N95 and P100 filtration.
- Optimair® TL PAPR with G1 Facepiece
- NIOSH-approved powered air-purifying respirator combined with the G1 Facepiece helps to protect against particulates, toxic gases and vapors, or a combination. Full and low profile hoods are also available options for the OptimAir TL PAPR. The Optimair TL PAPR is in stock and special pricing is available.
- Advantage® 290 Half-Mask Respirator
- First-ever NIOSH approved elastomeric respirator without an exhalation valve. In addition to providing up to P100 level protection for the wearer, the elimination of the exhalation valve allows for the wearer’s exhaled breath to be filtered and contained. This source control reduces the likelihood of contaminating the surrounding area, making the 290 ideal for sterile environments.
For more information about PPE for respiratory protection from MSA, visit https://us.msasafety.com/full-and-half-mask-respirators.