Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program FY 2020 is opening on Monday, January 4, and will close on Friday, February 12. If you’re submitting a grant for PPE, here’s what you need to know:
- Available funding will be $319,500,000 with a projected 2,000 of grants awarded. This is consistent with previous funding levels.
- Funding limits will remain consistent with the previous year for recipients serving a population of 1 million people or less; funding limits will increase for recipients serving a population of more than 1 million people:
- FEMA’s new online application portal, FEMO GO (Grants Outcomes), is the platform for submitting, approving, and managing FEMA grants. https://go.fema.gov
High Priority Items for FY 2020 Tied to Safety Equipment
- Under Basic Equipment priorities:
- NFPA 1801-Compliant Thermal Imaging Cameras
- Personal Accountability Systems
- Under SCBA priorities:
- Replace unusable or unrepairable equipment to current standard, NFPA 1981, 2002 Edition or prior. (These SCBA(s) are out-of-service and not being used by emergency responders).
- Increase supply for new hires and/or existing firefighters that do not have one set of SCBA for allocated seated positions.
- Funding every operational member with their own individual face piece.
- Respiratory list:
- Air-Line Unit
- Face Pieces
- SCBA Spare Cylinders
- SCBA (SCBA Unit includes: Harness/Backpack, Face Piece, and 2 cylinders)
- Under PPE priorities:
- Replace unusable/unrepairable PPE to meet current standard
- Increase supply for new hires and/or existing firefighters that do not have one set of turnout gear (PPE) or allocated seated positions (SCBA)
- Structural/Proximity PPE list:
- Complete Set of Turnout Gear
Need Help with Grants for SCBA or Turnout Gear?
MSA sponsors free grant consultation through FireGrantsHelp.com:
- Grant help for SCBA https://www.firegrantshelp.com/msa-safety-grant-assistance/
- Grant help for Turnout Gear https://www.firegrantshelp.com/globe-grant-assistance/
The FireGrantsHelp staff of grant consultants offers invaluable assistance, whether you’re just starting your project and aren’t sure where to begin or you need to add the final touches to an application.