The Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) program awards grant funding directly to eligible fire departments to provide critically needed resources that equip and train emergency personnel to recognized standards, enhance operational efficiencies, foster interoperability, and support community resilience.
Applications to AFG for PPE have consistently been one of the two top activities requested under the Firefighter Operations grant category, making these requests among the most competitive activities of this grant program.
To assist you in formulating your application for PPE, our guide provides the following information:
- A step-by-step guide to planning your AFG application;
- The importance of integrating data into your application;
- Tips on writing a successful grant narrative;
- A list of what PPE is eligible for AFG funding;
- Major change in PPE criteria;
- A grant “get ready” checklist; and
- Administrative steps you need to take to get your AFG application ready.
Download the guide below!