Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program FY 2019 is opening on Monday, February 3, and will close on Friday, March 13. If you’re submitting a grant for PPE, here’s what you need to know:
- Available funding will be $315,000,000 with a projected 2,500 of grants awarded.
- Funding limits will remain consistent with the previous year:
- FEMA’s new online application portal, FEMO GO (Grants Outcomes), is the platform for submitting, approving, and managing FEMA grants. https://go.fema.gov
New Items for FY 2019 Tied to Safety, Health, and Wellness
- Micro Grants: Wellness and Fitness is now eligible as a micro and regional grant.
- Under Equipment Category: Learning Management Systems (LMS), including software and computer programs to track training and certifications, were added as high priority (Fire Academy and EVALS).
- Under Operation and Safety and Regional Category: Immediately Dangerous to Life or Health (IDLH) Protection for Fire Investigators was added as high priority.
Need Help with Grants for SCBA or Turnout Gear?
MSA sponsors free grant consultation through FireGrantsHelp.com:
- Grant help for SCBA https://www.firegrantshelp.com/msa-safety-grant-assistance/
- Grant help for Turnout Gear https://www.firegrantshelp.com/globe-grant-assistance/
The FireGrantsHelp staff of grant consultants offers invaluable assistance, whether you’re just starting your project and aren’t sure where to begin or you need to add the final touches to an application.